ABC 10/CW 5 in the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan is seeking a full-time reporter. This is an entry-level position, but experience shooting video and being in front of a camera is a must. The individual chosen for this position must be self-motivated, ambitious, and willing to go the extra mile to produce quality content. He/she will need to have good time management skills and be able to turn stories quickly and efficiently.
Job Duties include (but are not limited to): Anchoring newscasts – reporting during on a wide range of community events – establishing contacts within the community – Shooting events and news-related-activities. This job requires a lot of hard work and long hours. The position is tremendously rewarding and is a great stepping-stone in the career of News Broadcasting.
Must possess a college degree and know how to shoot, edit, and write news stories. Previous internship experience preferred.
Send cover letter, resume, and a link to your demo reel to Jerry Taylor at email@example.com. Or you can mail everything to:
1705 Ash Street Ste. 5
Ishpeming, MI 49849
No phone calls please.
WBUP/WBKP is seeking a dynamic, self-starter to join our team as an account executive.Â Must be a skilled negotiator who knows how to work with multiple clients.Â Applicant must be extremely well organized and highly computer literate.
Purpose: Serves customers by selling television advertising space; meeting customer needs.
Sales Representative Job Duties:
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Submits orders by referring to rate sheet lists and product literature.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in advertising packages, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Skills/Qualifications: Customer Service, Meeting Sales Goals, Closing Skills, Territory Management, Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, Self-Confidence, Product Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Motivation for Sales.
Email cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Afternoon Master Control Operator:
ABC 10/CW 5 in Michigan’s beautiful Upper Peninsula is looking for a full time afternoon Master Control Operator. Duties include on-air switching of shows and commercials, recording satellite feeds, and preparing syndicated shows for air. The right candidate will also be directing or technical directing the 5:30pm and 6:00pm newscasts every night. Previous experience preferred but will train the right person. This is a 12pm – 8pm, Monday through Friday position. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and paid vacation after one year. Must be willing to work holidays.
Email cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com